Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
The Certified Scrum Master (CSM) Training provides a comprehensive overview of the Scrum framework for agile project management and will prepare you to become a certified ScrumMaster. You’ll learn the basics of Scrum and the Scrum lifecycle, how to organize a Scrum team and set up a project, and how to implement a Scrum, from releases and sprints to enterprise transformation. This two-day classroom training will open new career opportunities for you in multiple industry sectors.
16 PDUs & 16 SEUs offered by attending 2-day classroom training
CSM exam fee included as well as 2 years membership in Scrum Alliance.
What you will learn:
At the end of this activity, you will be able to-
- Explain the 12 principles and 4 values listed in the Agile Manifesto.
- Demonstrate the benefits of “responding to change” in Agile over “following a plan” in traditional project management.
- Describe how the Scrum values (courage, focus, commitment, respect, openness) relate to the Scrum artifacts, events, and roles.
- List and explain the three pillars in Scrum ― Transparency, Inspection, Adaptation.
- Explain the differences between framework and methodology and understand why Scrum is called a framework.
- List 5 ways to develop an Agile mindset.
- Illustrate 2 differences between Agile and Scrum and explain why these two terms cannot be used interchangeably.
- Agile Manifesto
- 12 Principles
- 4 values
- Scrum Foundations (5 Scrum Values).
- The three roles in Scrum
- Scrum Ceremonies
- Scrum Artifacts
- Sprint Execution
- Daily Scrum and Sprint Retrospective
- Definition of Done (DoD) and Acceptance Criteria
- Definition of Ready
- Release Planning
- Sprint Burndown Chart
- Release Burn-Up Chart
- Product Planning
- User Stories
- Agile Estimation
- Planning Poker
There is no set of eligibility requirements to attend this ScrumMaster Certification course and it can be taken by any professional who wants to deepen their understanding of Scrum.
The process of becoming a Certified ScrumMaster® can be explained in the following steps:
Step 1: Choose a CSM® training provider authorized by Scrum Alliance.
Step 2: Enrol for a two-day CSM® course and get trained by Certified Scrum Trainers® (CSTs).
Step 3: After successful completion of the course, our Certified Scrum Trainer (CST®) will send your details to the Scrum Alliance. Scrum Alliance will send you an email that contains the Scrum Alliance account and access details for your CSM® exam.
Step 4: Click on the link received from the Scrum Alliance and create your own login credentials.
Step 5: Log in to take the online CSM® test. The exam consists of 50 MCQs and a time limit of 60 minutes (1 hour).
Step 6: You need to answer 37 questions correctly and score 74% to pass the CSM® test.
Note: The CSM® exam is easy to crack if you prepare from the Scrum Guide, Scrum Primer, and take the CSM® mock tests.
Step 7: Once you pass the test with the minimum passing score, accept the license agreement.
Step 8: After accepting it, you will receive Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) certification and a 2-year membership from Scrum Alliance.
Step 9: You can maintain your CSM® certification by renewing it once in two years.